Tuesday, 29 January 2008

evaluation

Evaluation

In this brief we had to produce a animation to show the emotions between characters, it had to be between 10 and 30 seconds long.
I chose do stop motion animation because after using all the different techniques of animation I found stop motion strait forward and fun to do. I thought that you can get great effects from it after doing research on you tube and various web sites. I chose to use two iPods and headphones for my animation because I thought it would be a bit different. I think that the animation look good but I could have made the motions a little clearer and smoother. I feel you can get the emotions of the first iPod and the head phones well, the iPod at the start happy when the headphones plug into it. It plays the Lily Alan song smile. Then the nervous feel when the other iPod enters the shot then the iPod seems sad when it moves out of shot leaning forwards, like having your head down. I think it clear that you can see the headphones want to go to the new iPod but feels bad for it. The new iPod is confidant and powerful in this animation when it is showing of what it can do. I feel that the sound effects work well, without those the animation is a little boring and not as easy to follow. If I could change some things it would be the background because there is a black line on the wall, I don’t think it looks to bad but would be better without it. Another thing is that I would use white tack instead of blue tack to move the headphone character, in some scenes you can see the blue on them all so on the back of the iPods.
Over all I am please with the way it looks and the way the character move and react.

No comments: